My Holiday!



It was great having mommy and daddy all to myself for a few days!At the start of the holiday I just didn’t feel right at all and so our first day trip was to the Payson Emergency Room (there were no doctors where we were staying!), where I met lots of doctors, and got given lots of toys. They didn’t make me feel better, but they did tell mommy and daddy that I had a nasty virus. They gave me lots of medicine that was supposed to taste sweet and nice, but it was icky! And they gave me some to take home.
Mommy and Daddy took special care of me the next couple of days, but made a discovery. The doctors gave me Benadryl for the hives (that’s a rash to my English relatives) on my skin. And they said it would help me sleep – an added bonus. Anyway adults should always read what is on the box of these medicines. It tells you that a small number of children react differently to Benadryl. It doesn’t send them to sleep; quite the opposite, in fact. And people – you are looking at that small number!
Benadryl took me to a very happy place. So late at night I smiled, giggled, told baby jokes, and ran around the room. It was great!!
Unfortunately, mommy and daddy thought that Benadryl was probably not the best thing for me after all and stopped giving it to me after that. Sad.
But we did so many things there is no room to tell you!
We went to see horses and dogs and goats. We went for walks by the lakes. We fed the squirrels and birds that lived in the trees behind the cabin. We went out for ice cream. We played games, read books, sang songs, had lots of hugs.
After awhile, it really didn’t matter that I wasn’t feeling very well, because it was still lots of fun. By the end of the week – mommy and daddy made another discovery. Something I had been trying to explain ALL week. I had not 1, not 2, not 3 but FOUR new teeth! All at once!
(Doctors always say cutting teeth doesn’t hurt a baby. Well me and my baby friends want those doctors to go to their dental appointments and not ask for anesthetic and see how that feels!)
I also tried out a few new words and actions on my parents, just to see how they’d take it. Daddy was very excited when he asked for a goodnight kiss and I kissed his cheek. And with my mommy, saying mum went down rather well. I’d not used that word before.

1 Comments:
T - your stories are just too cute!!! Very amusing about the effect that Benedryl has on you, I sure your parents won't be giving that to you in a hurry.
Man alive four baby teeth in one go, you did very well indeed my lovely!!
I am intrigued about your love of dirt and your mum's toes though...
Aunty Yarbs x
Post a Comment
<< Home