Meeting Aunty May




One day granny and mommy and me got in the car and took a long drive. When I woke up and got out of the car, my other grandmas were there!!! Grandma Oyeniran and grandma Bassey came to say hello and play! They brought me some lovely gifts, some very special jewellery. And they gave me big hugs.
But there was one more person mommy wanted me to meet.
Her name is Aunty May and she is 1oo years old, which apparently is very old. When Mommy was very very little, Aunty May used to look after her.
Aunty May has been walking a lot all her life so can't walk very much anymore. But she gave me a lovely teddy bear and I played with her and the frame that helps her walk. Sometimes grandma Bassey took me outside to run around because I have a lot of energy!
Next to where Aunty May was sitting, there were lots of pictures. One of them was a little girl. She had little ribbons in her hair. I have things in my hair sometimes. She had a big smile on her face. I always have a big smile on my face. She had scrunched up her nose. I like to scrunch up my nose...
Every so often Aunty May would watch something I'd do and say:
"Your mum used to do that when she was a little girl"
or
"Isn't she just like Joannah was when she was her age?"
Soon it was time to go. I got more big hugs from grandma Bassey and grandma Oyeniran.
I touched Aunty May's hands. I smiled at her and blew her a kiss. She smiled back.
Then mommy and me said goodbye to Aunty May.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home