Ode To Milly

It's a known fact that I am not the most sentimental woman when it comes to animals.That yes, I have been known in the past to laugh when people have told me that their beloved pet has died, and perhaps have sometimes had a rather unhealthy fascination with roadkill. But even I felt sorry for the beloved family Saxton dog Milly, who spent A LOT of time at the patio door watching the fun and games that Tia had with her grandparents. I think that Milly, bless her, was in shock. There was this new little person in the house and she seemed to hold sway over everyone present. Her smiles made every one smile; her giggles made everyone laugh. A mere woof was a pretty weak alternative. One night Milly looked stood outside in the rain looking in at the fun. She probably wondered if she'd ever get a slice of the limelight back; its mighty cold and wet in the shadows. And I was cold comfort farm to her (Dogs instinctively know that I am a dog liker, not a dog lover. I will stroke, maybe even cuddle. But I am not rolling around on the floor with a dog and I am certainly not going to kiss it. It's a dog, people). My heart almost went out to her. I say almost, cos being a dog liker, I just don't do that sort of thing, cos I don't care that much. But I nearly did, if that helps.
What Milly didn't understand was the little person was completely captivated by her, in awe. She saved her best smiles, shrieks and high pitched giggles and squeals for Milly. She's a dog adorer, and loved stroking and petting her. She'd have loved to be Milly's latest best friend. For Tia, Milly was like the best thing in the world....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home