Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Minnesota State Fair


Anybody who'd ever been to Minnesota told us we just HAD to visit the State Fair. Who were we to disagree? The fair was just huge, with rides, and animals and games etc -and it felt like you could get almost anything to eat "on a stick"!

Tia's fishing skills won her a huge turtle. But she didn't want it, she just wanted to keep on fishing...
The girls loved all the animals. Tia was excited to see the ducks, the cows, and took a particular shine to the Nigerian Goats! (Fellow Nigerians take note - I am now on the hunt for Supermalt. I've even got a lead!)Nigerian goats in Minnesota - who knew?
Somebody made the mistake of offering Zoe a tiny chick to stroke. She grabbed it enthusiastically and squeezed the poor little thing within an inch of its life!I don't know if the chick got over the experience ( they took it away and replaced it with a more robust duckling), but Zoe was happy!

What's wrong with showing a chick some love?

State Fairs are hungry work; you need lots and lots to eat!

We also went to the Miracle of Life Birth Center, where piglets and calves were being born all weekend. We saw a calf being born right before our eyes...The girls were oblivious, but it was not a pretty sight. I'm a city girl; I'm not ashamed to say I gagged a little.







Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home