Sunday, February 10, 2008

Random Days

Today the sun is shining, but its absolutely freezing. Like freezing. Right now it's -5F (that's minus 20.5 C in case you wanted to know) but due to the wonderful wind chill its actually more like -27F (minus 32.7C) instead. Yeah, its cold. And when the locals agree with you, you know its really cold.

This morning I had to leave home at 7am ( COLDER) as a friend picked me up for church. It took about 5 - 10 seconds from the door to her car. My nose tried to run, but it froze instead. And its weird when you feel like you are breathing in ice, because its so cold any saliva in your mouth starts to solidify!
So on days like these, its not a time for snowball fights and snow angles. Its not a time for long winter walks. Its a time for staying indoors where the heating is included in the price of the rent (AMEN), cranking up the heat, getting out the DVD's and eating comfort food. The outside world can remain on the other side of the window or on the internet.

However, such a strategy can send you a little crazy, and you can get a touch of Cabin Fever. The girls were experiencing this one recent afternoon. They weren't quite cranky, but it was as though they'd had access to a few E numbers. In the end we found a solution. Dressing up!

The girls decided to dress up as animals and then behaved impeccably for the rest of the afternoon. I guess they had to get it out somehow.

But here's the wierdest afternoon:

Tia happily went down for her nap. But I noticed Zoe kept on putting her fingers down her throat, just out of sheer interest. I tried to stop her but every time she would see I wasn't watching she did it again. Well, the inevitable happens. Zoe vomits all over herself and the high chair. So I get her out and get her ready for the bath, and start to clean up. Suddenly, I don't feel well... in fact I feel awful and before I know it....

I throw up too. Twice. It had been such a lovely lunch too (Besides how weird is that. I live in toddlerville, an place where cleaning up vomit is a regular part of the package. But this added extra is altogether new to me).

Zoe has moved on from being sick and is gently singing around the living room. I feel rough as anything. I give her a the bath, lay her down for a nap. And collapse on to the couch, wishing for a moment to feel extremely sorry for myself. Except I have some cleaning up to do.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home