Mums away!

Last week Mum went away for the first time since I was born. She was in England speaking to some Soul Sista's and I was left to look after Dad. I was a bit upset on the first night, but by Friday morning I was up for having some fun.
First Dad went looking on the internet for a baby walker - you know to help me take my first steps, but apparently in this legislative culture they are too dangerous and so nobody sells them anymore.
Anyway we took a trip to Walmart to see what they had and thats when it happened.
Dad saw the Barbeques. And decided we needed one.
So the rest of the weekend was spent in search of the perfect barbie. One that wasn't too expensive, or too small, but of good quality, etc, etc, etc.
Anyway after reasearching for a whole day and driving to three different stores Dad made up his mind on which one he wanted. Only he couldn't find anywhere that sold it. So we had to look on the internet again and phone up some more stores. Eventually we found it and got it on Saturday morning. The afternoon was spent putting it together, with me climbing in boxes looking for any missing pieces.
Mum came back late Sunday afternoon, I was asleep in the car when she arrived so I didn't get to see her until the morning (although I thought I was seeing her in my sleep when she fed me that night).
It was great being with Mum again, Dad and I had a great bonding time, but it was even better having both. Now when we have family hugs I can't decide who I want to hold me so I switch every couple of seconds. It makes them both feel needed.
And guess what, now Dads decided we need a bigger patio to go with our barbie!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home