My first birthday


Today was a very unusual day. Normally, when the sun wakes me up, I sing and shout until Mommy or Daddy gets me. But today was different. This time they came into my room singing. They looked the same, their eyes half closed and everything, but they were singing me a song and gave me a beautiful butterfly balloon to play with.
Then we went downstairs and there were LOTS of pink balloons everywhere on the floor! I played and played and played. Then mommy and daddy showed me lots of things in pink paper, different shapes and sizes. Actually I was enjoying the balloons, but it made mummy and daddy so happy when I ripped up the paper that I got into it. They don't always feel like that.
And everything was for me! A big soft bear and koala are my new friends, and I have new toys and clothes. Then we played and danced to Sesame Street songs. Our family favorite is "Fuzzy and Blue"
After we had played for a little while, mommy and daddy decided to take me out.
We went to see the puppies! I love puppies. And as a special treat the puppy lady let me play with one for awhile which always makes me giggle. After that we played around the mall for awhile people watching.
In the afternoon I played with my toys. My bears are soft and cuddly, so I roll around the floor on them, and hug them and squeeze them and dance with them.
I had so much fun today - it was very special. I smiled and laughed and danced all day. Because today is my birthday. And I am One!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home