Monday, March 03, 2008

February is Fun Part 1



"I never thought I'd spend the night before Valentine's Day doing this" I muttered to Chris.

There we were late at night writing out Valentines cards for Tia's friends, of all people,on Tia's behalf. Her playgroup were having a little party where cards would be exchanged (*heartfelt* thanks to Ruth, Tia's amazing teacher who drew the line at cards, and refused to do the presents and all the other crazy stuff). So we had a list of names and did our bit as loving parents, writing out cards to cute little kids who can't read yet, from a cute little girl who can't yet write. But I couldn't help but feel annoyed at this Hallmark holiday.Why does this saccharine sentimental 'holiday' manage to cost us money? I know I sound like a total Valentine's Scrooge. But it took 33 years for me to get into Christmas, so Hallmark has got its work cut out with me, I'm afraid.

Tia returned from her group the following day laden with Valentines cards and sweeties, heart shaped candy and the rest.And a big smile on her face. She and Zoe spent the rest of the day shouting "Hooray!" or "Happy Valentine's Day!" and fighting over cards to put into their little Valentine boxes. And its only the toddler years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home