Monday, March 03, 2008

February is Fun part 2

It was my 34th birthday on the 27th. I was feeling rough. My throat was so sore it felt like it had been sandpapered. Aggressively. My sinus pain rivalled serious contractions. My head and my body ached, like, well, a really bad achey head and body.
But at 6.30 the door was flung wide open by Tia shouting
"Happy Birthday Mommy!"

And the celebrations began. My girls were in party mood. There was no room for me to be morose and sickly, we needed to play! So we did. We had an all day party ( well 3 day really, but thats another story!) complete with hats, and party plates and napkins and glasses (I don't know why, but it seemed a good idea at the time) and flower necklaces and all sorts. Daddy and the girls had made sure I had everything I needed to party all day. Including a lovely new digital camera!



Ok mommy.We get it, you got a new camera. Now, let it go...
We took a brief walk outside to get some fresh air, but soon realised that in spite of the sunshine it was absolutely freezing as normal.



Tia -Are you sure about this, mom?Have you any idea how cold it is out here?
Zoe - Mommy stop this crazy foolishness and get me inside. Its cold, I can't move and I want to watch Barney!
So we went inside again and played some more. Every few hours it was as though Tia would suddenly remember what day it was and gasp
"Mom! Its your birthday! Happy Birthday!!!" Then the girls would say "Yay!" and jump up and down all over again. They had the energy that I was definitely lacking. Story of our lives, I guess!



All in all, they are fun little peeps to spend a birthday with. They know how to make an average day very special!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home